Every year the tree plantation is organized at MFEWO to spread awareness in students. The main focus is to let the students know the importance of Trees in our lives.
Here are some benefits of trees.
Financial and Social Benefits
- Research shows that planting trees and landscaping a home can add significantly to property values – as much as 9%.
- By planting as few as three trees around a property, the average household can cut energy costs by $100 to $250. By planting a few more as windbreakers, businesses can save much more — up to 25% of their heating costs.
- Trees reduce crime: Apartment buildings with modest greenery had 42% fewer crimes – 52% fewer when there was lots of greenery — than those without any trees.
- The net cooling effect of a young tree is equivalent to 10 room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
- The canopy of leaves reduces water runoff and prevents soil erosion which improves the water quality in the community.
- Trees improve air quality – and reduce noise pollution.